Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why a blog?

Why have I started blogging? I was on a path of ministry including pastoral care, preaching and teaching, and exploring a call to ordained ministry, when suddenly in May 2008 many doors that had been open slammed in my face. A couple of months later, my life changed dramatically as I took over the care of my mother who nearly died. Since then my life has revolved around bringing her back to stability and coordinating her everyday care. I had to stop many of the ministry activities with which I had been involved, but over the months I have longed to return to active ministry. In June 2008, while on an intensive 10 day silent retreat, I experienced God telling me I was going to reach people where they were: in their homes, at the office, out and about. The Internet came to mind. It seemed perfect since I am disabled and often home bound. I quickly acquired a domain, but with the demands of my mother's care, I had no time to develop a website. Meanwhile, a dear friend who is now following my blog had started a blog herself and the idea started to take root in my heart. I saw my dear friend yesterday and decided to explore the idea that had been increasingly tugging at my soul. In what seemed like only a few minutes, I was blogging, to my surprise! I have lots to share and this is just the beginning. I hope this finds you well. Blessings and peace for today and always, Dee

No comments: