Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year! New Beginnings!


A New Year brings new beginnings! But every day, even every second, brings the opportunity to make a new beginning! Come January 1st, our minds seem to more easily shift gears to embrace the opportunity more fully! It is just one second away from December 31, but, it seems a doorway to a new world of the next year! I am thankful for that stretching of my awareness and perceptions that I can have a new beginning, especially when I have been in a slump, stuck in a valley of  seeming darkness or fighting alligators in my "swamp" of life! I get weary of the struggles against the tide washing over me, over and over! But thanks to God, I have constant opportunities to float on the wings of my God, rest in the peace of acceptance of life on life's terms, knowing my God loves me and provides all I need if I but surrender all to God and ask for help and wisdom about what choices I do have to better my situation and avoid the pitfalls of despair and hopelessness. If I wait patiently, listen and follow the still small voice, I find new beginnings, providence and opportunities I never realized were just waiting for me to discover!! Oh, the joy of letting go and letting God!!

No comments: