Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Keeping the Faith!!!

What is faith, really? For me faith is a gift, but to keep it sometimes takes hard work. Faith is defined as confidence or trust in a person or thing; belief that is not based on proof. That is what makes it so difficult sometimes! Without proof, how can we believe? Especially when things are not as we would expect if what we believe is true. Faith becomes difficult when I am believing in something that I cannot see, feel, sense or understand according to my own knowledge and experience. When circumstances of my life or of others become painful or hard to accept, believing and trusting in a higher power that is good, loving, and providing all that we need, brings light, comfort and warmth to my heart, spirit and mind. It helps me to see the possibilities of help and what I or others can do in seemingly hopeless situations. It helps me find joy and gratitude for what I remember and sense that is good, laying aside and turning over to my higher power that which seems not good, hoping for a better outcome than I can imagine. The more I can do this, the more I see and experience life on life's terms and find peace that ultimately all is well and can be well, no matter what! And that is the gift! And when I am in peace and gratitude about my life and the lives of others, I am able to wait, seek and find my way. Keep the faith!! Dee

No comments: