Saturday, January 2, 2010

Moving on --- onwards & upwards!



This is a picture of the Great Wall of China from the Kamuka Worldwide travel website. Sometimes my life seems like the view in this picture: striving on an upward climb towards a higher place, a place with more spectacular views, a place where I can see more of what lies ahead and a different perspective of where I have already been. I see people who seem to be ahead of me on the path and long for their location or just some information from their viewpoint. I look behind and see others and wonder what they are thinking of where I am. Do they need my help to get where I am? Are they catching up with me and will overtake my progress, getting ahead of me? Am I proceeding faster than they? Can I enjoy the view from where I am? I especially love the fellow traveler alongside while sharing our views and helping each other see things differently, or things we may have missed along the way, or like an old allegory of life, sharing each of our parts of perception to more fully perceive and better understand the truth of the entire reality! The New Year, when time seems to stop for a moment before beginning again, is an opportunity to feel as if I have somehow "finished" a significant segment of my journey, stopping to reflect, celebrate and enjoy, giving me the strength, new resolve, renewed energy and exciting hope for the journey ahead. God bless your journey this new decade with joy and peace, and with fellow travelers at your side along the way that you can share, enjoy and to help you more fully perceive and better understand the paths of your life! Love, Dee

No comments: