Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Walking the love walk in storms!


Things get tough long enough and I can get short-tempered! I am getting lots of opportunities to learn to act in love even when life is really difficult with "storms" and I am having to deal with aggravating situations! I have been living with stress for much of my life. Originally it came from family members, but I learned to live in stress and actually thrived in it for a while! I was so good with stress I got promoted and quickly rose to the top. Ultimately, my body broke down, being helped by a virus just being discovered this past year. I ended up being disabled which comes with its own stress, physically and financially. Over the years, I learned to live with stress a different way -- learning boundaries, balance and having a close relationship with God. It really has turned out to be a gift to me and many others on my path. Even with boundaries, balance and God, things can get really difficult! I have been dealing with a new difficult situation for 18 months, the ongoing care of an elderly parent. I have cut out almost everything else in order to "manage" my stress. But now I'm finding there are lots of ways of getting added stress besides too many activities. When too many things go wrong, and mistakes are made, it adds stress. When I feel my frustration rise, I talk to God, announcing my limits, as if God did not know. I was feeling I just couldn't take it anymore. Two days without blogging and no end in sight to more difficulties. I prayed (a lot) last night. I woke up and turned on my favorite show, Joyce Meyers, while doing my morning stretches. She was talking about walking in love. As I listened my heart softened and I felt that inner guidance: "this message is for you". I listened a little more closely. She said when things get difficult, it is no reason to step out of our love walk. It is an opportunity to grow a little more into the person we want to be, the person God created us to be. It is a way to learn how to have more joy and peace in our lives. Oh, well! I realized she was right on. I had been dealing with several other parties not doing things right: pharmacists, insurance representatives, assisted living managers, transport coordinators, doctor's office staff, website services - the list goes on. I was getting aggravated by the lack of performance and repeated mistakes and my voice reflected it more each day. I listened to Joyce and realized I did not want to respond to anyone out of my anger, even if a subtle tone of anger in my voice or a slightly sarcastic remark. I learned a long time ago that things go much better without anger and that everyone is trying to do their best with their situation. Anyway, onward and upward. I dealt with 3 more such situations today and I remembered to walk in love! It made me feel better. I was more happy. I had more peace. I know it helped each of the situations get resolved and God was smiling!! Spread some love today, even if the "weather" gets stormy! That is when people need it the most, and that includes you! Love, Dee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Jersey. What channel is Joyce Meyers on and when?

Dee Ann Johnson Capps said...

Many networks on cable everyday several times each day and night. Also ch 45 at 8:30 am Monday through Friday, Tuesday evening and Sunday evening. Her program is called "Enjoying Every Day"

Dee Ann Johnson Capps said...

You can also watch her TV programs on her website, joycemeyers.com

Christina said...

great post Dee. Great message to carry about walking in love.Helps to defray the anger and hate I have never been happier than this time in my life and I feel its because i CHOSE to try love and let go of hate.

I love u, my darling friend!