Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Securing the boundaries!



Working on my boundaries big time! Finding those places in my boundaries that need strengthening and fixing them where broken; where someone has broken through, or I have gradually leaned and bent the boundary to keep someone happy, or avoid their angry reaction to not getting what they want the way they want it! Too much energy is spent trying to make things work out, with all parties getting what they want! I need those strong boundaries for my health: physically, emotionally and spiritually. I need time and energy for a balanced life! Not having the appropriate boundaries is like leaving a gate open for energy to escape or be drained off, or for something toxic to come into my be-ing! No is a complete sentence! Not answering the phone is an answer, even after repeated calls. Not responding to an email is a response even if a response is demanded. Doing what I need to do to take care of my needs is OK no matter what, as long as I do not intentionally hurt anyone else doing it. Accepting how others respond to me is a must. Not everyone will like me anyway. Some may even dislike me. But I can love myself and know if I need to set boundaries to take care of myself, I am still a good person, a great friend, a generous volunteer and a loving, caring daughter, no matter the feedback I get to the contrary, directly or indirectly. Love and take care of your self! When we do, we are more able to love and take care of others! Without resentment or regret! Fondly, Dee

1 comment:

Christina said...

I can vouch for your being a great friend!! love you Dee xoxo